What should i do if i am involved in an accident and need to file a claim with another driver's car insurance company in cleveland?

Contact your own auto insurance company as soon as possible after an accident, regardless of who is at fault. Your insurer can work with the other driver's insurance company on your behalf and help you file a car insurance claim with a third party. Insurance companies determine fault based on state laws and the details of the accident. If you have the information of the other person involved in the accident, you can call your insurance company to file your claim.

Some companies may also offer online claim reports. If you have an insurance agent, he or she may be able to help you through this process or provide you with more information. If you were injured in an accident and need medical treatment, we strongly recommend that you meet with an experienced lawyer to discuss the situation. Talking to an attorney can help if you have reason to believe that the other driver is responsible.

For example, if the police report says that the other driver received a ticket for not giving way at a stop sign. Because filing a car insurance claim may lead to an increase in your premium in the future, it's important to weigh the costs and benefits before making a decision. It's worth filing a car insurance claim if you were injured, the cost of damage is greater than you can afford out of pocket, or if another driver was at fault. Liability insurance pays for injuries and damages that a driver may cause to other people and property if they are at fault in a car accident.

The licensed Cleveland car accident lawyers of Friedman, Domiano & Smith are ready to answer this question in a free legal consultation. If you're not happy with the way the insurer handles your car insurance claim, you have options to move forward. Most car accident claims are resolved by seeking compensation from the at-fault driver's insurance company or from the insurance companies of both the at-fault party and the victim. In that case, you can file a claim with your car insurance company or with the other driver's insurance company.

Most auto insurance companies require that you report accidents as soon as possible, but reporting an accident doesn't automatically mean you're going to file a claim. You may have to pay your collision deductible, but you could receive that money when your insurer reaches an agreement with the other driver's insurance company. The insurance company will assign an insurance adjuster to your claim and will request additional information from you about the accident. You should file a claim with the other driver's auto insurance company if you are not at fault for the accident and have standard liability insurance but don't have collision coverage.

File injury claims to your insurance company under personal injury protection (PIP) insurance or MedPay if you have either type of coverage. Your insurance company pays for damage to your property and seeks compensation from the other driver's insurance company after the fact. When a car insurance claim is filed after an accident, an insurance adjuster will investigate and determine fault. The adjuster will also inspect your car on its own or ask you to take it to a certified repair shop to have it inspected there.

If the other driver's insurance company has accepted responsibility for your damages and you have a quote from the workshop of your choice, or if your vehicle cannot be repaired and you have researched the value of your vehicle, share that information with the other driver's insurance company as soon as possible...